Frequently Asked Questions
Matholia is an online primary mathematics portal based on the latest syllabus from the Ministry of Education, Singapore.
The learning portal brings together a wealth of interactive content to ensure that pupils excel in all areas of primary mathematics whilst allowing teachers and parents the opportunity to closely monitor pupils' performance across the syllabus.
The Matholia learning portal consists of 5 main components:
• Interactive practice modules.
• Instructional videos
• Explanatory topical fact sheets and fully-worked solutions
• Detailed assessment of concepts and skills
• Syllabus-based mathematics games
• Virtual manilulatives and explorative learning tools.
A series of Matholia problem solving and enrichment books is also available from leading Singapore booksellers and school bookshops.
Matholia is a comprehensive collection of online mathematics resources based on the Singapore Ministry of Education primary maths syllabus. Our resources are suitable for pupils of all mathematics abilities in Primary 1 to Primary 6.
Here are some of the ways in which Matholia can benefit pupils:
• Develops confidence through dynamic practice questions across the entire syllabus.
• Builds on maths skills and concepts through up-to-date instructional materials, including set-by-step videos and topical fact sheets.
• Develops enthusiastic learning via engaging syllabus-based maths games.
• Encourages self-assessment through comprehensive review modules.
• Allows for detailed progress-tracking for parents and teachers.
• Develops I.T. skills essential to primary education across all subjects.
You can find a more detailed list of the benefits and features of Matholia here.
At present, Matholia covers all primary school grade levels from Primary 1 to Primary 6.
Matholia is developed by Blue Ring Education Pte Ltd Singapore. Please contact a member of our sales and support team with any inquires or feedback.
You can also send feedback via the Uservoice tab on the right of the screen.
Subscriptions are available on a 30-day, 90-day and annual basis. The cost of each subscription plan can be found here.
Sorry, you will need to purchase an individual subsription for each child. Discounts apply when purchasing more than one subscription at once. You can find out more about the discounts here.
At Matholia, we see great benefit in pupils being able to access resources from all grade levels. For this reason, each pupil has unlimited accessed to all resources from Primary 1 to Primary 6. Our tracking and reporting system keeps separate performance data for each grade level.
Teachers and Schools
As a registered teacher in Singapore, you have full, unlimited access to all of Matholia’s resources. Simply use this page, to create an account with your MOE email address. You’ll be sent a verification email, then you are good to go! Feel free to use Matholia during class. For school adoption information, fill in this form and our member of our sales team will contact you.
For school adoption information, fill in this form and our member of our sales team will contact you within 1 business day.
Here are some of the advantages of school adoption:
• Significant savings compared to private pupil subscriptions.
• Unlimited access for all pupils in your school.
• Ability to monitor individual and class performance.
• School adoptions are covered under the Ministry of Education Edusave Scheme.
Matholia runs on both Windows and Mac operating systems. If you experience any difficulties in using or viewing Matholia resources, please contact a member of our support team.
To view Matholia content on an Android or iOS device, you will need to use the Puffin browser (http://www.puffinbrowser.com).
Blue Ring Education is currently developing a range of applications which will allow you to sign in to your Matholia account on iOS and Android mobile devices. We'll let you know when they are launched,
Yes, Matholia is available world-wide. At present, our content is presented in a manner which closely follows the Singapore primary mathematics syllabus. Our pupils have a well-deserved reputation for high achievement in mathematics and we are confident pupils abroad will benefit greatly from our resources.
Blue Ring Education is currently working with a team of teachers and education profressionals to adapt our content for other countries. Contact sales and support for more information about our upcoming adaptations.